Take These 10 Country Roads In Michigan For An Unforgettable Scenic DriveSometimes the perfect getaway is a simple drive on a scenic road. Doesn’t have to be action-packed or involved a bunch of sight-seeing. It’s just being surrounded by relaxing vistas and rolling, winding roads that takes you out of yourself for awhile. Here are some stunning scenic routes you need to check out in Michigan starting backwards from #10:
10) Grand Marias to Munising: Grand Sable Dunes at Pictured Rocks National LakeshoreLake Superior has never looked so magical then when driving through Grand Marias to Munising.
9) Harbor Springs to Cross Village’s Tunnel of TreesSure everyone has heard of a Tunnel of Love but this Tunnel of Trees is a paradise for all lovers of Michigan come fall.
8) M-134 from Hessel to Drummond IslandThis quaint drive gives visitors a view and trip to the overlooked Les Cheneaux Islands, a hideaway filled with cottages and old fashioned boats.
7) Cut River BridgeJust west of St. Ignace you can drive along this bridge for an incredible view of Lake Michigan, highly recommended.
6) US-2 from St. Ignace to ManistiqueThis Upper Peninsula drive offers stunning views of the shoreline.
5) River Road Scenic BywayHere you'll have your breath taken away as you drive along AuSable river, don't be afraid to go in for a hike either.
4) M-23 from Tawas City to AlpenaThe drive to Alpena is wonderful and once you arrive it's a perfect view of the waterfront. Picnic anyone?
3) M-22 from Arcadia to FrankfortA spectacular drive from these cities gives the driver an amazing view off of the beach of Arcadia especially.
2) Weko BeachThis hidden gem of Lake Michigan Beach is the prize for driving up from Bridgman.
1) Red Arrow Highway from New Buffalo to St. JosephAlong this drive we can see the beautifully eerie view of the coastal town of Union Pier at dusk, worth it for the drive alone, trust us.